After completing the diabetes management course from ED Partners, participants can support a person to implement their diabetes management plan and administer medication through injection.
Through the course, the support workers will learn about-
- Infection control and personal hygiene maintenance
- Basic knowledge of diabetes types 1 and 2
- Following clients’ diabetes management plan
- Identifying and responding to hypoglycaemic episodes, monitor and record blood sugar levels (BSLs)
- Following procedures to calculate dose requirements and administering insulin accordingly
- Identifying and reporting any changes in blood sugar level that requires medical intervention
The course participants will get to check BGL and correctly administer insulin shots.
Upon successfully demonstrating Blood Glucose Level and proper medication administration through an insulin pen, the participant can get their Certificate of Achievement.